NEWS & EVENTS
The Master Painters Association of Queensland encourages and recognises the highest standards of craftsmanship and ethical business practices through our Awards for Excellence.
An annual event, Master Painters Queensland’s Awards for Excellence are open to all licenced painters and decorators undertaking domestic, strata, commercial and industrial work within Queensland.
Guidelines for Award Nominations
- Painters and decorators are more than welcome to nominate their own projects. However, before entering their own project, painters must gain permission from the property owner (and any other relevant stakeholders) for:
- Entry into the awards
- An on-site inspection by the judges
- Use of the project in media and publicity
- Third parties (like project owners, managers or paint suppliers) may also nominate projects
- Projects must have been completed within the previous 12 months
- All nominations must include a minimum of three full-colour photographs, supplied as high-resolution JPEG file attachments. Nominations without photographs will not be considered for judging.
- All award nominations must be received by the date stated by the Master Painters Association. Nominations received after the cut-out date will not be considered for judging
There are a variety of award categories in the Master Painters Queensland Awards of Excellence, including:
- General Awards: for customer service, environmental management and community projects
- Project Awards: for new projects, repaint projects, heritage and restoration projects, and decorative finish projects
- Specialist Awards: for timber finishes, industrial finishes, spray painting, texture coating, and so on
- Major Awards: for project of the year (both domestic and commercial)
For further details download our guide on award categories, judging criteria and conditions of entry.
Should you need further information or assistance, please contact us via:
Master Painters Association of Queensland is the peak representative body & a union of employers for the state’s painting & decorating industry. We represent the interests of all individuals and companies operating within the industry, & encourage high standards of craftsmanship & business practices.