Training with MPAThought about a career in the painting industry? MPA Training can help you get there! See below how MPA can assist with potential funding options to help you access training without being out of pocket*.
Master Painters Association Queensland in conjunction with our sponsors will provide a Paint Industry Training Grant for students undertaking training. This fund recognises the need to invest in, and support industry skills and training, and at the same time, help ease the financial pressure on students to meet the financial commitment associated with training. We thank the paint manufacturers, industry service providers, sundry suppliers and MPA members our sponsors, for their ongoing financial support in providing this grant. Grants are limited and will be provided in full or portioned up to $2000.00.
Making an Application
Any person who meets the training fund eligibility criteria, can apply for the MPA Training Grant. We recommend that applications are made prior to commencement of any training so you will know how much you will be provided before you commit to the training. Students enrolling or already enrolled in a CERTIFICATE III apprenticeship course are eligible to apply for a funding grant. Applications must be made and submitted online via www.mpa.org.au (Training Grants Apply Here)
- Only accredited training delivered by a Registered Training Provider will be eligible for a training grant.
- Course’s will be paid directly to the training provider on evidence of acceptance, enrolment or in the case of an apprenticeship, continuing enrolment by the RTO.
- Reimbursement of course costs to the student or employer is only made after the training is completed and a copy of a paid receipt or statement of attainment is provided.
- Training Grants are limited to a maximum of $2000.00 per course.
- Training Grants may be provided for partial contribution per course
- You can seek funding for up to 2 courses per student over a 12- month period provided the funding for the first grant was below $2000.00
- The amount of funding approved will be limited by the amount of funds available
- Payments will be made direct to the nominated bank account within 14 days of receipt of the required documentation.
- Grants remain valid for 3 months and will automatically lapse if the take up is not confirmed.
- Grants can be suspended or terminated at any time with 30 days’ notice by either party.
Approval of Application
- Applicants will receive a confirmation email of approval of their grant and the amount to be funded within 14 days of the grant being lodged.
- MPA approval decisions depend on a variety of factors and are final.
- We recommend wait until written confirmation has been received before committing to any course.
Master Painters Association of Queensland is the peak representative body & a union of employers for the state’s painting & decorating industry. We represent the interests of all individuals and companies operating within the industry, & encourage high standards of craftsmanship & business practices.