Workplace Health & Safety Systems
Master Painters Association Queensland is committed to ensuring that our members are kept up to date with the latest Workplace Health & Safety Legislation information. And to aid in better Workplace Health & Safety compliance, the MPA Queensland, in conjunction with ASSA Business Services, have compiled an in-depth and easy to follow WHS System that you can utilise for your business.
To obtain a copy, or to take advantage of the MPA’s relationship with ASSA business services, who can assist you in the implementation of the WHS System, please contact ASSA business services on: 1300 131 014
Section 1:New Employee Documentation
Not just to be used when hiring new employees. This new system should be applied to all current employees to ensure WHS understanding and compliance.
- Advice of New Employee
- Employee Details Form
- Employer Driving Record
- Emergency Contact
- OHS Policies Manual
- Manual Handling & Sedentary Safe Work Method Statement
- Manual Handling & Sedentary Questionnaire
- Hazardous Substances Training Notes
- Australian Dangerous Storage Requirements
- Hazardous Substances Questionnaire
- Fire & Emergency Evacuation Training Register
- Employee Assessment Register
- Position and Job Specific Documentation
- Printed documentation for the new employer
Section 2: Recording Induction, Training & Breach Information
To be utilised when completing a new or existing employee induction, in addition to accurately recording any ongoing training in WHS and ensuring any and all breaches are recorded.
- Employee Training Register
- Review Diary
Section 3: Regular Meetings, Monitoring & Reviews
Ensuring regular work meetings are held to discuss WHS issues, training, compliance, adequate minutes are taken, correct auditing processes are followed.
- Safety Performance Summary Sheets
- Audit Check List
- Meeting Minutes
- Toolbox – Pre Start Meeting Report and Register
- Plant & Equipment Register
- Plant Checklist
- Electrical Equipment Register
- Management Monitoring Report
- Equipment Maintenance Service Record
- Internal Audit Plan or Calendar
- NCR / CAR / Hazard Report & Investigation
- Hazard Report Register
- Hazard Remediation Plan
Section 4: Employee Breach & Notification Reports
In case there is a breach, ensuring all occurrences are recorded and responded to in the correct manner!
- Discipline Procedure & Report Form – Record of Interviews
Section 5: Incidents & Harassment
How to correctly report on employee personal injuries and grievances.
- First Aid & Illness / Personal Injury / Incident & Accident / Investigation Report
- Record of Grievances Form (Part 1)
- Record of Grievances Form (Part 2) Managers Report
- Incident Notification Form
Section 6: Permits
For confined space work and hot work permits.
- Confined Space Risk Assessment & Entry Permit
- Hot Work Permits
- Ladder Permit
Section 7: OHS System Manual
Our occupational health and safety system
- Occupational Health & Safety Management System
Section 8: Hazardous Substances Register and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS)
- Hazardous Substances Register
Section 9: Safe Work Method Statements
Everything from working at heights to lead, asbestos and preparation.
- Pre Start Risk Assessment (Daily Record Form)
- Working Elevated – Falls less than 3 metres
- Working Elevated – Falls greater than 3 metres
- Preparation and Painting
- Preparation and Paper Hanging
- Lead Risk Assessment & Safe Work Method Statement
- Asbestos Risk Assessment & Safe Work Method Statement
Suggested Reading Materials
An important aspect of ensuring you are WHS compliant is understanding the relevant information surrounding WHS.
- Asbestos for Home Renovators & Tradespersons Guide
- Code of Practice for Management Control of Asbestos in the Workplace NOHSC
- Part 20 – Construction Act (WHS Act 2011)
Master Painters Association of Queensland is the peak representative body & a union of employers for the state’s painting & decorating industry. We represent the interests of all individuals and companies operating within the industry, & encourage high standards of craftsmanship & business practices.