MPA Privacy Disclaimer
Master Painters, Decorators & Signwriters Association of Queensland Union of Employers (ABN: 51 069 579 329)
Master Painters, Decorators & Signwriters Association of Queensland Union of Employers Limited (ABN: 37 009 663 674)
The materials presented in the Master Painters Australia Queensland Association pages, links and sub-directories are provided voluntarily as a service to members and the public. The information and advice provided is made available in good faith and is derived from sources believed to be reliable and accurate at the time of release on the Internet. However, the information must not be interpreted as having the endorsement or being the opinion of the Association, it is provided solely on the basis that readers will be responsible for making their own assessment of the matters discussed herein and are advised to verify all relevant representations, information and statements.
1. Your Rights
MPA seeks to comply at all times with the provisions of the Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000 which regulates the collection, storage,
quality, use and disclosure of personal and sensitive information, and ensures that you are given certain rights in respect of this information. MPA has adopted the National Privacy Principles (“NPP”) published by the Privacy Commissioner – a copy of which is available above – and operate in accordance with those principles.
2. Collection of Personal Information
MPA chiefly obtains personal information – including sensitive information – from you as an applicant for membership or for insurance, as a purchaser or user of MPA products or services, and/or as an applicant for employment with the Association.
In addition, MPA routinely receives or obtains personal information about third parties (which can include you) from other members, from members of the public; as well as from public records.
All such information will, or may, be used for any or all of the following purposes:
- Membership records, administration, marketing of individual members to actual or potential clients
- Membership drives
- Dissemination to you of MPA releases and other information relevant to members and/or to the public
- Insurance records, administration and insurance marketing
- Training records, administration and marketing
- General administrative and marketing purposes of the Association
- Statistical analyses and reports
- Administration of the MPA Constitution and Code of Ethics
- Exchange of information with other State Master Painters Associations
- Marketing of MPA and of sponsors’ products and services to you
- Marketing of selected other products and services to you (where applicable) consideration of applications for employment
4. Your Consent
In supplying personal information, you agree to any or all of the above uses of your personal information that you supply to MPA. You also agree to similar use of other personal information that we may obtain about you from other sources mentioned above.
Subject to the Privacy Act, if MPA acquire any of your personal information in other ways, or if MPA use your personal information for purposes other than those listed above (or purposes reasonably related to, or to be reasonably implied from, those), MPA will notify you and seek your consent. Whenever reasonably practicable, MPA will seek such consent in advance of, but in any case as soon as practicable after, such event. At such times, MPA will take reasonable steps to inform you of:
- The purpose/s for which the information is collected;
- Any law – where applicable – that requires us to collect that information; and
- The main consequences if you refuse or fail to supply any item or items of information, or to authorise its collection or its use.
5. Records Containing Personal Information
The Privacy Act allows individuals to access and – if appropriate – to correct or to update the records held containing personal information relating to themselves.
Subject to the provisions of the Privacy Act, on request MPA will arrange access for you to inspect your personal information held by MPA. If, following such inspection, you wish to update or correct any item or items of your personal information; arrangements will be made for you to apply for such update or correction.
MPA will not disclose your personal information to third parties except with your consent or in other circumstances where such disclosure is permitted, or required, under the Privacy Act or other legislation.
7. Information Storage and Security
Personal information is stored electronically and/or in hard copy either at MPA or a professional storage facility.
8. Risks of Using the Internet
Transmitting information via the Internet carries a security risk, which MPA cannot and will not attempt to control. Before using the Internet for communication, please assess the attendant risks, and proceed only if you are prepared to accept those risks.
9. Opting Out
If we send you any information about services or products, or you do not want us to disclose your personal information to any other organisation (included related bodies corporate) you can opt out by calling (07) 3277 8646 and asking for the Membership Administration Officer.
10. Accountability and Feedback
You can obtain more information about your rights and about remedies of any breaches from the Privacy Commissioner
Master Painters Association of Queensland is the peak representative body & a union of employers for the state’s painting & decorating industry. We represent the interests of all individuals and companies operating within the industry, & encourage high standards of craftsmanship & business practices.