Master Painters Association Queensland
Master Painters Association Queensland is a Union of Employers and the Peak Industry body for Painting and Decorating.
"Established by Painters for Painters" Master Painters Association Queensland represents the interests of individuals and companies conducting business in the painting, decorating and sign writing trades.
Master Painters Association Queensland strives to encourage and recognise the highest standards of trade craftsmanship and ethical business practice.
- Assist in the interests of its members and their business to ensure the professional standards of the industry are upheld.
- Provided members with the latest industry updates to ensure legislations and OH&S requirements are met.
- Make a valuable contribution to its members and in particular, to the industry as a whole.
- Deliver the highest quality of accredited training and assessments to members, affiliated industry providers, tradesman and the general public within the painting and decorating industry.
We have had an enquiry requesting “Help”.
A large employer is looking for apprentices in the following area’s:
Townsville x 1
Sunshine Coast x 1
Brisbane x 2
Gold Coast x 1
If you know of anyone that is looking for an apprenticeship in Painting & Decorating please contact us.
The Council of Australian Governments held its 36th meeting today in Canberra. It was the first meeting for the Prime Minister of Australia, the Hon Tony Abbott MP.
The Commonwealth respects the States and Territories (the States) are sovereign in their own sphere. They should be able to get on with delivering on their responsibilities, with approprate accountablility and without unnecessary interference from the Commonwealth.
Click below to read full report
Do you want to save $$$$$
MPAQ are proud to announce our partnership with Affinity Alliance to bring new services to our members.
There is a wide range of services available, that will be of benefit to your business as well as your family. These services range from Vehicle purchasing through to holidays, movies and shopping.
Please log in to the ‘Members Area’ to find out how to access these new benefits and start saving!!!!!.
FWBC have now concluded the National Record Keeping, Payslip and Base Ordinary Wage Audit, they have been working on for the past few months.
The purpose of the audit was to proactively assess compliance with sections 45, 50, 535 and 536 of the Fair Work Act 2009.
413 companies were audited resulting in:
70 Monetary contraventions of workplace laws identified
88 non-monetary contraventions of workplace laws identified
recovery of underpayments totalling $241,994.61 for 407 employees
Click here FWBC National Targeted Audit
Commencing during the months of August & September 2013 Workplace Health & Safety Queensland will be starting their Elevating Work Platform Campaign.
WHSQ have noted a
- Increasing trend of incidents,
- Greater use in construction industry,
- More complex units,
- Plant being used for more diverse jobs,
- Operator skill level at times lacking,
- No WHSQ campaign in recent history
Please watch the power point to understand what WHSQ will be reviewing over the next few months.