MPA AWARDS FOR EXCELLENCE (QUEENSLAND)
INTRODUCTION & PROGRAMMING OF THE AWARDS
The Master Painters Association QLD seeks to advance, encourage, and recognise the highest standards of trade craftsmanship and
ethical business practice. The Awards for Excellence recognises these high standards and acknowledgement as a finalist or winner in these
prestigious awards as an honour. The ‘Awards for Excellence’ competition is an opportunity for painters to showcase their projects
from the smallest decorative wall to multi storey projects. Culminating in the industries night of nights gala ‘Awards for Excellence’
dinner the awards are open to members of the Master Painters Association QLD. The awards are proudly administered by the Master
Painters Association QLD.
Awards are presented in the following categories:
- Commercial Project New – Under $200,000.00
- Commercial Project New – Over $200,000.00
- Domestic (Single Dwelling) New – under $20,000.00
- Domestic (Single Dwelling) New – under $50,000.00
- Domestic (Single Dwelling) New – Over $50,000.00
- Domestic (Single Dwelling) Repaint – under $40,000.00
- Domestic (Single Dwelling) Repaint – Over $40,000.00
- Multi-Unit Residential Repaint – Under $150,000.00
- Multi-Unit Residential Repaint – Over $150,000.00
- Commerical Repaint - Under $200,000.00
- Commercial Repaint - Over $200,000.00
- Heritage Restoration Domestic
- Heritage Restoration Commercial
- Decorative Finish
- Artistic Decorations
- Special Project
- Apprentice of the Year
- Overall Winner
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
The competition is open exclusively to MPA Members:
Members may nominate their own projects or projects may be nominated by third parties such as project owners or suppliers of painting
and decorating materials or services.
The awards are for projects completed from the period 1st July 2020 until 30th June 2021.
Entrants must provide a minimum of 3 and no more than 5 individual digital pictures in JPG or similar file
format of their project to enable the judging panel to determine any on-site inspection requirements. Finalists may be asked to provide
further pictures of their project, or in higher resolution suitable for publication purposes.
Not all projects will be physically inspected. Selection of projects is solely at the judge’s discretion. Projects selected for inspection
will be visited by one or several members of the judging panel.
Judgment decisions are determined through the governance framework outlined in the policy and procedures and are always at the discretion of
the judge’s panel; no communication or correspondence will be entered in to.
Entrants should ensure that permission has been provided in writing, a confirmation email by the property owner and or any other relevant
parties acknowledging approval for the project to be entered in the awards, inspected by the judges and that the project may be used for
publication and publicity is satisfactory.
- The prescribed entry fee must accompany the entry. If the prescribed fee is not received, the entry will not be considered.
Entries must be completed and emailed in a word or PDF digital file format to email@example.com prior
to the nominated closing date 31 July 2021.
- All entries remain the property of MPA and pictures supplied may be used in a variety of publications.
Friday 29th October 2021 is our Gala Dinner and Presentation.