Get involved in Safe Work Month 2017
A range of Safe Work Month events will be held around the state this October, focusing on safety leadership, culture and mental health in the workplace, and providing practical tools and resources to improve work safety and rehabilitation.
Tickets are selling fast, so mark your calendar and get involved at:
- Safe Work Month breakfast forums in Cairns, Townsville, Mackay, Rockhampton, Brisbane, Toowoomba, Sunshine Coast and Gold Coast.
- Injury Prevention and Return to Work Conference, Brisbane.
- Free community breakfast at King George Square, Brisbane.
Events will feature a line-up of world class speakers, including:
- Safety Ambassador, Shane Webcke
- Mental Health Ambassador, Libby Trickett
- Futurist, Charles Brass, exploring the New Age of Work
- Demographic and generational trends expert, Bernard Salt
- Award-winning journalist, author and commentator, Madonna KingACT Australia, presenting an interactive case study and workshop.
Hold your own Safe Work Month event and win!
Can’t attend a Safe Work Month event? You can still get your workplace, industry or community involved in Safe Work Month by hosting your own event. You decide where, when, what and how so you can focus on what’s important to your business.
No matter how big or small your event is, register it on theSafe Work Month community events calendar for the chance to win great prizes including a corporate fruit box and safety advocate visit at your workplace, Fitbits, and footballs signed by Safety Ambassador, Shane Webcke.
For more information on speakers, sponsorships, registration and prizes up for grabs, visit the Work safe website or firstname.lastname@example.org.